Thousands of patients with blood cancers like leukemia and lymphoma, sickle cell anemia or other life-threatening diseases depend on The Icla da Silva Foundation and the Be The Match Registry to find a match to save their life.
There are several ways you can join the registry:
Joining the registry online is the easiest way to increase patient’s chance for life.
Follow the 5 steps:
- You will be directed to the Join Now page of the Be The Match Registry once you click on the link below.
- Review donor eligibility requirements and use the following promo code: ICLA
- Complete the online registration form and consider making a donation to help defray the cost of adding donors to the Registry.
- Receive by mail a simple, do-it-yourself tissue typing kit. The kit includes everything you need to collect a sample of your cheek cells using cotton swabs.
- Return the kit for tissue typing. You will then be added to the Registry.
Join in Person
The best way to join in person is visiting one of The Icla da Silva foundation’s Upcoming Donor Drives.
Note: If you are between the ages of 45 and 60, you will not be able to join the registry at a community event. You must join the registry online. To achieve our mission for all patients in need of a marrow transplant to have the best outcome possible, our focus in the community is to register donors ages 18-44. Research shows that younger donors are best for patients because they provide the greatest chance for transplant success. Doctors request donors in the 18-44 age group 90 percent of the time.
You may also visit our office where we will be happy to assist you. Please contact us to schedule an appointment.
The Icla da Silva Foundation
311 West 43rd Street, 12th floor
New York, NY 10036
Toll Free: 1.888-638-2870