Since 1992, The Icla da Silva Foundation has made it our mission to save lives by recruiting bone marrow donors to the Be the Match Registry, and by providing support services to patients in need of a bone marrow transplant. The Icla da Silva Foundation’s Young Professionals are a dedicated group of individuals who work to support the Foundation’s mission by volunteering their time, energy, and talents. Members of the Young Professionals are advocates for The Icla da Silva Foundation to the general public: they raise awareness around the need for bone marrow donors, support fundraising efforts, and provide volunteer assistance where needed.
- Access to special fundraising and volunteer events
- Networking and collaboration with a group of like-minded, socially innovative individuals dedicated to generating a positive change in cancer care
- Opportunity to enhance their professional and leadership skills in a philanthropic environment
- Ability to work and connect with our driven and influential Board of Directors
- Higher visibility around New York City and the surrounding area
- Increased fundraising efforts
- Access to a new generation of philanthropy via member networks
- Utilization of member’s talents and skills to enhance the work of the Foundation
Goals & Expectations of Members
- Educate the general public on the need for bone marrow donors
- Connect the organization to resources (in-kind and financial)
- Participate in programming, including social events
- Attend Young Professionals committee meetings
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
The Foundation’s Young Professionals program is in its first year, so we ask all those interested to get in touch with the organization directly, either through the President, Airam da Silva at Airam@icla.org, or the Director of Marketing & Communications, Bret Itskowitch at Bret@icla.org.